Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys
(04-03-2018, 09:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, but not women who aren't their own?  I'm not singling you out specifically, I just find societal norms and expectations to be interesting.  If I'm at a bar and some guy starts slapping his wife/girlfriend around, it's a societal expectation that I stand up for her and interject myself into the situation.  If that same woman is home with her 3 kids and can't pay the rent because her man buggered off and left her high and dry we can say "Sucks to be you, freeloader" and hate the idea that our government would dare to reward her poor life choices with  portion of our hard-earned paycheck.

Again, stuff like this just intrigues me.  What counts as defending a woman and her kids and what counts as enabling societal leech?  I mean, if a woman is going to take some lumps from her husband and I step in and save her, isn't that going to just lead her to stay with that guy and then expect someone like me to bail her out every time he gets loaded and gets punchy? 

Either it's honorable to provide or it isn't, right?  I haven't read about the Knights of the Round Table in a while.  Maybe there are  bunch of amendments to their code, as well.

Yes we step in..... as for welfare ..... the single mother should be finding the best husband she can so her children can grow up in a home with a mother and father.

The welfare option doesn’t solve the problem of not having a married mother and father in the home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mom: Why raising my son made me question what female empowerment is doing to boys - StLucieBengal - 04-03-2018, 09:45 PM