Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight end round 1, Center round 2
Something else to think about. Why did New England trade for the 23rd pick? Who are they targeting? Could it be Goedert? Gronk is thinking about retiring soon, probably because of injury history. New England was able to get in front of the Saints pick, who have been linked to picking a tight end in the first round.

I would think New England is looking at a few candidates. If Mcglinchey falls to 23, that could be it. Not likely he falls that far though. More likely they target an OT with the 31st pick. They also leapfrogged the Steelers, who have been linked to QB Rudolph. But Brady has a couple years left. More likely they wait until later in the draft and use their top 2 picks on win now players.

I think Goedert, aside from maybe linebacker, is the most likely pick for New England if available. We can barely cover Gronk, imagine having two playmaking tight ends to cover. If New Engand goes linebacker, the Saints go TE. Either way, Goedert is gone by the end of the 1st round.

I think Goedert makes a lot of sense for us. Eifert is an injury risk. Goedert gives us cushion this year if he goes down. But he also gives us cushion if Eifert stays healthy, has a great season, and want's more money than we can afford in 2019. And we can most likely grab a center in round two.

I understand the argument that there are plenty of good tight ends that will be available in the second round; but I just feel like Goedert is the best. He screams Eifert clone to me--hopefully without the injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tight end round 1, Center round 2 - Bengalstripes9 - 04-04-2018, 05:15 PM