Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon On ESPN List Of Rookies Ready To Break Out In Year 2!
(04-04-2018, 05:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He should be on that list. Mixon behind a decent O-line could be incredible. We add a top tier Center and a good run blocking
RT in the Draft and look out. Mixon has rare size, burst, hands, vision and speed. Could be the next great RB. There were lots
of good ones in the Draft last year but he is just as good as any of them talent wise and that is saying something.

We get Frank Ragnow and Tyrell Crosby and i will be extremely happy. Mixon behind a line of...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Frank Ragnow - Christian Westerman/Redmond - Tyrell Crosby/Fisher

Should be great. Cool

Gio too of course but i think Mixon will be the main bellcow RB this year. This is what the coaches are saying anyways.

In terms of raw power, I think Crosby is one of the most powerful run blocking tackles in the class (if not the most powerful), but his pass blocking needs work.  I have faith that Pollack can coach him up, but he still scares me just because we've drafted so many guys that we've said things like that about and they just end up being busts.  Granted that we've never had the coaches like Pollack to polish him, but I've been Bengalized.  The competition with him and Fisher could also bring about some better play from both raising their games.

Gio's just the change of pace that we need, even though Mixon can catch out of the backfield and do a lot of different things.  Gio just adds a new wrinkle that defenses have to adjust to and account for in a different way, which is good considering that he can be called into a game on any play and the defense would have to adapt in the blink of an eye.

Ragnow might be solid, but that high ankle sprain scares me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon On ESPN List Of Rookies Ready To Break Out In Year 2! - BFritz21 - 04-04-2018, 06:40 PM