Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era
(04-04-2018, 03:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People need to recognize this is the Top 10 from the past 5 or so years. Just because a guy like Pat Elflein isn't on the list doesn't mean they are bad.
But in regards to Pat Elflein, I don't think he'd be ahead of Ragnow anyway if they were in the same draft class. Elflein is good but not great.
Also, Elflein didn't look "great" last year in the NFL. He was just ok.

Elflein was decent in pass pro but struggled in the run game. I think even Bodine ended up with a higher pff rating than Elflein. I believe Elflein will continue to get better but I don't see all pro in is immediate future.

(04-04-2018, 06:42 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: I think these college grades are a little suspect because of the massive diversity of talent of the schools some of these teams play.

For example Arkansas didnt really schedule World Beaters in their out of conference, no offense to Florida A&M, New Mexico St, Coastal. Those could boost the rankings

When Arkansas did play decent SEC teams they didnt even score double digits. I know this is not on players like Frank Ragnow who is a really great player and would love

to have him. I just dont trust these ratings as much as I do with a more even talent pool in the NFL.

What do you do when you play tough and stiffer competition.

Boiling played well on a struggling team on a struggling offensive line. 

Frank Ragnow was in the same boat because Arkansas's offensive line was very bad especially at tackle. The struggling tackles really hurt the entire offense no matter how well the center played.

(04-04-2018, 06:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, if you back up a season, Ragnow was healthy the entire year.  His production was outstanding, when he was healthy.

Let's not forget that the Head Coach that recruited him was Brett Bielema, the same one that brought Travis Frederick to the NFL.  

I believe I read somewhere Bielema said Ragnow was the best lineman he's ever coached which speaks volumes. 

Ragnow actually reminds me alot of another Bielema product Cincy fans might have heard of.... Kevin Zeilter.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era - Synric - 04-04-2018, 09:52 PM