Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era
(04-05-2018, 10:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I can't trash the guy because sites like Walterfootball, NFL.com, NFLDraftCountdown.com and CBS sports don't even have a profile for him.

But the fact that this list has a bunch of nobodies, non-prospects, bad players as well as James Daniels and Frank Ragnow should not influence a single person's opinion of the Center prospects in this draft.

There was another player that was graded off the charts by PFF.
His name was Paul Dawson.
Dude couldn't even make it on the field for us.

I don't mind using PFF to discuss players currently in the NFL. If a player is graded to be performing well in the NFL by PFF, that generally means they're a good player.

But their grading system in college completely ignores projection, potential, physical traits and ceiling and focuses entirely on how they happened to do during 11 games against mostly poor competition (or exclusively poor competition in the smaller school products). It basically boils down to nonsense.

The numbers are interesting, but should have no bearing on who we decide to draft when it comes to who we want to play for us in the NFL.

It's a piece of evidence to help support Ragnow and Daniels as very good centers. That's the purpose of this chart. It's better than having bad ratings, that's for sure.
And in regards to Paul Dawson, he had good talent on the field. From everything I recall hearing about him, it was his terrible attitude that kept him from seeing the field.

EDIT - And even if you took out the "nobodies", Ragnow (x2) and Daniels would still top the list. So the rest of the players on there don't matter.
What's the purpose of your criticism btw? Do you think Ragnow and Daniels aren't that good? Do you think Billy Price is a better prospect than either of them? If so, why?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era - ochocincos - 04-05-2018, 10:17 AM