Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era
(04-05-2018, 11:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: For the same reasons I am hesitant about him in the first round before this chart made it on the board.

He's an average athlete, coming off an injury, mediocre footwork, relatively average in just about every metric relative to other prospect's projectable value.

Walterfootball ranks the Centers based on each skill of a Center here:
http://walterfootball.com/draft2018positionreviewC.php

Ragnow is in the middle of the pack in just about every category.

Why do you think he is worth a 1st round pick, other than college production?

From what I've seen/read, Ragnow and Price really aren't that different. Both are versatile, power-based guys who can anchor against big NTs. Both are studs in the ground game while also being at least sound in the pass game. Both have mean streaks and look to finish. Both can get to the second level consistently. Both also don't have the best feet.

The reasons I personally like Ragnow just slightly over Price:
Ragnow is a little bigger than Price with over an inch longer arms to help keep defenders at bay.
Ragnow was better on the field (slightly) than Price
There are multiple reports of Price being such a "lunger" and impatient. I don't see that same thing from Ragnow (at least not as often).
Price is coming off a pec injury and should/might be ready for TC but will miss OTAs and minicamp. Ragnow has shown his ankle injury from last October is fully healed, as evidenced by his Pro Day.

Daniels doesn't seem as good of a fit in Pollack's scheme because of his lesser ability to anchor against big NTs and not as powerful as the other two. But he's more athletic than either.

At the end of the day, I like all three of these guys a lot and think they will all be good starters. But I would prefer Price or Ragnow due to what I think is a better fit with the team. And then from there I'd prefer Ragnow because of his slight edge on the field, no longer recovering from injury, and seems more technically sound and reliable than Price.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era - ochocincos - 04-05-2018, 01:44 PM