Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era
(04-05-2018, 10:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Sure. If it makes you feel better that a guy who is projected to be good in the NFL (due in part to his play on the field, but moreso due to his physical traits and projectibles) also played well enough according to a site that consistently gets draft prospects wrong to an almost uncanny degree, then yes. That is an appropriate way to use this chart.

But it shouldn't CHANGE your opinion about any player that is or is not on the list.

Like, for example, people condemning Price for not being in the top 10 are ridiculous.

Likewise, people who see this list and upgrade Ragnow from a 2nd round prospect to a 1st round prospect because of this list (and only because of this list) are also ridiculous.

Take it for what it is. He played well in college. That has so little bearing on the NFL it's not even funny. The number of times the College Football Sack Leader or Rushing leader or Passing Leader in the last 10 years ends up being a star in the NFL can likely be counted on, at most, 2 hands. Probably just 1 hand.

College football and the NFL are, for all intents and purposes, completely different games. Success in one is not an accurate predictor for success in the other.

This didn't change my opinion about taking Ragnow in the 1st CJD. Lots of factors did. The fact he was the top Center in college
before his injury, then people were saying he wouldn't impress at his Pro Day, then he did and now we know he will be ready for
OTA's, has much longer arms than Price the other guy i really liked in this Draft for us.

Plus he did what he did in the SEC. I mean, i am not going to lie and say the chart is not a factor cause it is. Have to factor in
everything when evaluating a player. Ragnow is the best Center in the Draft for the Bengals without question now IMHO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Highest Graded Seasons for College Centers in PFF Era - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM