Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-03-2018, 11:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Why would anyone compromise with people who will simply ask for more tomorrow?

Here we have the poster boy for why politics in our country is currently broken.

"Wow, that sound s like a good idea that might save lives, but I am going to oppose it just because you are on the "other side" and you might want me to agree with another idea in the future that I don't like."

Requiring a license for every gun owner would not limit the rights of law abiding citizens to own guns.  Requiring all guns to be registered to a specific owner would make it harder for criminals to buy and posses guns and also make it easier to hold gun owners responsible for securing their weapons.  these are both good idea that do not limit anyones ability to own guns.  Yet the NRA followers will not support them for no other reason than "I disagree with something else you might ask for in the future."

This is the exact same reason that our congress can not pass even the most reasonable laws.  It is no longer about the substance of the laws.  It is about what the tribal leaders tell their followers to support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - fredtoast - 04-05-2018, 04:58 PM