Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The left doesn't want to take your guns!
(04-05-2018, 06:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except that's not the argument I've been making at all.  I can't believe I have to restate it, but the point is that the extreme wants of many on the anti-gun side have led gun owners not to trust the intentions of any law they put forth. 

(04-04-2018, 11:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   I also enjoy your use of the word "many".  I'd ask you to please define what percentage equals "many" to you.

Of course I would also like to get your definition of the "anti-gun side".  It seems to me that based on your obsession with a slippery slope you include every person who wants any gun regulations in the "anti gun side" because anyone who supports any type of gun regulation is just just lying and "hiding behind a mask" when they claim to not support confiscation.

And if that is true then you are including a lot of gunowners in the "anti gun side".  No matter how much you try to deny it there are a lot of gun owners who would support owner licensing and gun registration.  I am one of them.  There are a few more here who will say the exact same thing.  I have shown you polls that support what I say. If all the reults are based on polling bias then you should be abel to produce some right leaning polls to challenge the ones I cited.

None of us are denying that there are some extreme areas where a majority might support gun confiscation, but there is no indication that it will become a majority opinion.  But even if it does become the majority opinion in the future that does not depend on licensing or registration laws today.  

Your argument is like saying we should oppose DUI laws because they will lead to all alcohol being outlawed. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The left doesn't want to take your guns! - fredtoast - 04-05-2018, 09:08 PM