Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo Carter Linebacker Georgia
(04-06-2018, 01:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is a 3-4 outside LB or at best a 4-3 SAM for us which is basically the same thing we are trying to do with Lawson already. No real fit here.

(04-06-2018, 01:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know man, better in coverage than Lawson and can stop the run better...

Agreed with Au165 here, his best fit is 4-3 SAM. Reminds me of what I envisioned Manny Lawson being when Bengals signed him. Very similar dimensions to Lawson actually (6'5" low 240's).
If the Bengals are serious about developing Lawson into that true SAM role, Carter would be redundant, especially because it would mean using a Day 2 pick.
However, I agree with Nate that Carter is a better OLB than Lawson, and therefore would be a better fit at SAM than trying to develop Lawson there.
Best situation would probably be to move Lawson to full-time RDE and let Willis be a swing DE to spell both Lawson and Dunlap. Then have Carter as starting SAM. If he can prove good enough in coverage, leave him out there on passing downs with Burfict.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lorenzo Carter Linebacker Georgia - ochocincos - 04-06-2018, 02:52 PM