Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Will Be Used To Protect Border
(04-06-2018, 08:21 PM)Dill Wrote: I have pointed out a number of differences in policy, process and circumstances, which you are simply ignoring. I might add the difference of hindsight, since previous deployments proved ineffective. And the international context and mission goals were different--e.g., Obama's goal was drug interdiction, not apprehension of illegals, and done in cooperation with Mexico whereas Trump's deployment is neither.    Or perhaps you don't really see differences, especially if my bolding appears random to you. Bush "had to give a figure" because his deployment was already at a much more developed stage of accountability when he went public with it. 

Here is where Trump's deployment stands WITHIN HIS OWN ADMINSTRATION.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/what-we-know-about-trump-plan-to-send-troops-to-border.html
President Donald Trump's order to deploy National Guard forces to the U.S. border with Mexico has left key national security players in his administration scrambling to nail down details for the mission.

His "players" are trying AFTER THE FACT to get a deployment in motion that was dumped on them by surprise. That was not the case for Bush or Obama's team.  Now there is no timeline, no set numbers, no idea of the Guards' legal status and whether they will be armed--which had been sorted out beforehand by the Bush/Obama team.  Now there are a third of the numbers of illegals trying to cross the border while border personnel guarding it have doubled in number compared to 2006.  

But you do not appear to see stages or other indications of planning (or lack thereof) or differences in warranting circumstances, only rhetoric.
Bush and Trump announced deployments; no difference at that level, agreed.

Finally, those who "just like Trump" seem not very immersed in or concerned about policy process. They operate at the level of rhetoric, where all deployments look the same, just because they were done.

PS ask Dino what he does think we should be focused on regarding Trump's deployment announcement, or if he sees no difference between Trump's announcements and previous ones. Could be a lot of amusement there.

You really have no idea how the actions differ, you just know how they are reported differently and unfortunately, this dynamic makes folks think the are experts in things they actually have 0 idea about. 

Admittedly, I'm not overly concerned with the process/announcements, I'm more interested in the effect;  but then again I do not consider myself petty in nature. My make up does not allow me to condemn an action before it occurs.

Yours and your spokeman's thoughts are clear. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Military Will Be Used To Protect Border - bfine32 - 04-06-2018, 08:35 PM