Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-08-2018, 03:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It was 9 completion of 30+ yards to other receivers. Dalton completed a pair of 44 yarders to LaFell and I mistakenly only listed one.

Some of these stats you ask for have not been recorded by anyone ever. Too specific. But the stats that have been posted should suffice or at least give you a good idea that Dalton does not suck on deep throws. I'm sorry, but if he sucked, he would not produce repetitively. Ben has undeniably had better deep threats and posts objectively worse production.

Crappy players can produce for short stretches, but I'm of the belief that things always even out eventually. Dalton has been at this for 7 years, posting good deep ball stats. Eventually people such as yourself should just look at the production and maybe admit you were wrong.

I won't hold my breath though.

If his numbers are above average it is because of two factors: one AJ green is making acrobatic catches on bad balls that are overthrown or under thrown, and two he is throwing way less deep balls than someone like big ben. This would indicate he only throws a deep ball if someone is wide open and doesn't fit it into a tight window. 

Now I watch the games, and I see AJ making a lot of circus catches on badly thrown deep balls, so I would believe, based on observations, AJ is bailing out Dalton, and that is why his numbers are that high. If Dalton didn't have AJ his deep ball numbers would plummet. 

Now one stat given show good deep ball numbers, and the other one, provided by pdub ,show not good numbers. Which numbers are to believed would be open for debate. I personally would believe the more detailed analysis given by pdub, than the other set of numbers that were shown. 

Now I'm not going to allow you Dalton defenders to manipulate stats and argue that he's good at throwing the deep ball when my observations , and I watch a lot of games, show AJ is the one whose bailing out Dalton, and artificially propping up his numbers on deep balls. I will admit nothing because I 100% believe in my observations and stand by them.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-08-2018, 02:30 PM