Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-08-2018, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The guy who completed the long pass for a score deserves the extra ratings points.

Why is this?  Because the guy in your analogy that completed a 50 yd bomb to the 10 yd line, his score isn't guaranteed.  He still has to do more work, in order to achieve the goal.  Plus, that goal isn't guaranteed.  How many times have folks seen a big play that lands in the Red Zone, only to see the drive result in a FG attempt?

Seems pretty simple to me, the long play for TD is obviously worth much more than the long throw that only gets them close.

You're missing the point. The guy who threw from closer to end zone got a huge rating increase compared to the guy who completed the exact same pass,yet didn't score a TD. Whether the other TD scores is probably irrelevant. It's the fact that one throw gets a huge rating boost because it  was thrown from a distance closer to the end zone compared to the other, when both throws were identical. 

In baseball they don't tie batting average and runs batted in into the same stat. That would create a bias towards batters batting 4th in the lineup compared to batters batting 1st , because the clean up hitter would have more opportunity to drive in a run. That is exactly what the nfl qb rating does. It puts a  huge emphasis on where the deep ball was thrown rather just purely the throw itself. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-09-2018, 12:01 AM