Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-09-2018, 10:18 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: However you want to slice that percentage up - it equates to only 7 more deep balls per 500 overall attempts. 7 more deep shots per season, at a less successful rate. Is this supposed to mean Ben is better somehow?

Your logic of "Ben is taking more gambles and Dalton only throws when they're wide open" is ridiculous, frankly. And what does this say of Tom Brady? You conveniently want to leave him out. Andy throws deep more than him, and is much more successful then either him or Ben. You're doing an awful lot of mental gymnastics to explain away the facts.  

So we're basically to believe that Dalton posts better numbers because he's worse, because he's more timid? Or are you saying he's been good 100% due to AJ Green? 

I said Dalton picks his spot better and throws less deep balls, not that he only throws when someones wide open. This means he would have a better chance of completing the deep ball ,than someone who throws it deep more often. You thinking Dalton is as good as the elite QB's throwing the deep ball is what's a joke. 

As far as the stats, when their only heaving up such a small number of deep throws, says in the 20 to 30 range, 7 more deep throws is significant.

When it comes to those espn stats, I added up the years and divided them by 7 to get those numbers. That 100 rating looks high simply because, of the 14 ratings used, 7 in the 31- 40 and 7 over 40, only 5 have him higher than 100. Quite frankly, in statistics , you always throw out the high and low in any sample, and average the others. It could be that high of 153 is skewing his ratings. 

When Brady had a similar wide receiver to Dalton in Moss, he put up superior numbers , so he is better at throwing it deep. 

His ratings seem high because 1) Green is a great receiver and one the very best deep threats in the league. He adjusts to a lot of those bad deep throws better than anyone 2) the ratings system is flawed and puts a huge emphasis on where the ball is thrown, that is why he can go 3 for 16 with 2 TD's and they give him a 106 rating. 3) He does pick his spots and throws less deep balls. He throws into larger windows than someone who chucks it downfield a lot more.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-09-2018, 01:30 PM