Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
(04-10-2018, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This feels like every other leftist trump wet dream. They hope and hope, yet get a big nothing burger payoff.

Getting overly excited about any of this is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

This may be a shock to you, but I agree completely. This isn't to say I think Trump is clean. I think he is corrupt, I think he has hired corrupt people, I think he isn't good at governing and he has hired people that aren't good at their jobs, either. But, instead of focusing on Mueller we (my side of the aisle) should be focusing on the policies the people want. Trump ran on a platform he can't fulfill because it doesn't really mesh with either party. If we look at what his talking points were that were popular and see what we can run on, saying that if we take Congress we can make it happen and actually provide Congressional oversight to the Executive as the Constitution intended, then we can do something.

Putting our hopes and dreams in Mueller or impeachment is a fool's errand. Win elections, earn the right to govern, that is how we do it. Disagree with his and the GOP's policies all day long, but leave it at that. The rest is a soap opera.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - Belsnickel - 04-10-2018, 01:22 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM