Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
(04-10-2018, 01:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This may be a shock to you, but I agree completely. This isn't to say I think Trump is clean. I think he is corrupt, I think he has hired corrupt people, I think he isn't good at governing and he has hired people that aren't good at their jobs, either. But, instead of focusing on Mueller we (my side of the aisle) should be focusing on the policies the people want. Trump ran on a platform he can't fulfill because it doesn't really mesh with either party. If we look at what his talking points were that were popular and see what we can run on, saying that if we take Congress we can make it happen and actually provide Congressional oversight to the Executive as the Constitution intended, then we can do something.

Putting our hopes and dreams in Mueller or impeachment is a fool's errand. Win elections, earn the right to govern, that is how we do it. Disagree with his and the GOP's policies all day long, but leave it at that. The rest is a soap opera.

I think you are overstating the belief that the investigation isn't a "nothing burger".

Personally, and those I talk to about it, we are not just hoping Trump gets kicked out of office.  The focus IS on getting policy changed, signing up new voters and getting new people elected.

But this is not a "soap opera" any more than it is a "witch hunt".  It is an investigation that has already turned up some nefarious stuff.  Will it take down Trump?  I don't know and do doubt it.  He's too clueless and so probably insulated from the really bad stuff.  Underlings probably just feed/fed him info about how well everything was going and since his style is to accept good news and ignore bad he wouldn't have the intellectual capacity to ask questions about how or why.

When we look back on past Presidential scandals we have the benefit of them being over.  We can look at the whole timeline and how things opened up and worked out.  This is happening in real time in our lifetime.  It's harder to gauge the events up close as we are.  But that doesn't make it a "soap opera".  It makes it reality.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-10-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM