Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
(04-10-2018, 01:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think you are overstating the belief that the investigation isn't a "nothing burger".

Personally, and those I talk to about it, we are not just hoping Trump gets kicked out of office.  The focus IS on getting policy changed, signing up new voters and getting new people elected.

But this is not a "soap opera" any more than it is a "witch hunt".  It is an investigation that has already turned up some nefarious stuff.  Will it take down Trump?  I don't know and do doubt it.  He's too clueless and so probably insulated from the really bad stuff.  Underlings probably just feed/fed him info about how well everything was going and since his style is to accept good news and ignore bad he wouldn't have the intellectual capacity to ask questions about how or why.

When we look back on past Presidential scandals we have the benefit of them being over.  We can look at the whole timeline and how things opened up and worked out.  This is happening in real time in our lifetime.  It's harder to gauge the events up close as we are.  But that doesn't make it a "soap opera".  It makes it reality.

I think you're missing my point. When we focus on the investigation and all that, then that is time not being focused on the piss poor policies by the administration. I don't see the investigation as meaningless, I just don't see any point in focusing any political capital on that when that is going as it should.

(04-10-2018, 02:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Always nice to find common ground, even when it’s small.

Trump is having success in foreign policy which will hurt the Democrats. If NK denuke’s and this new Middle East coalition steps up then Trump and the gop will have a pretty good case. Along with the regulatory reforms. I know you do not like these policies but most of normal ordinary America does.

I don’t pretend to believe anyone is pure. Especially billionaires with teams of lawyers. The same goes for these democrats and their use of the fbi, and other parts of the government to target political enemies. Misuse of government resources is a massive problem that will certainly net both democrats and republicans

I think you may have a misunderstanding on how his foreign policy has been going and how his policies play to the people. But it will be interesting to see how things look for the midterms.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - Belsnickel - 04-10-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM