Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Of The Wall Has Started
(04-10-2018, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well I quoted the article:

A vehicle barrier (fences, as you say) and the wall are two very different things.
(04-10-2018, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: No we are not...but rubes voted for a man who said it would happen so we get to poke fun at them while he raids our taxes to pay for it.
He's taking action to improve the security of the border and you try to poke fun at it because he's having the balls to put America first.

(04-10-2018, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: None of that is provable.  It's folly to think it will "save us money" and delusional to say it will "pay for itself".  It is a waste of time and energy on a project that will do little except make scared people think they are safer when they are not.

Delusional?  How many illegal immigrants come into this country a year and how much tax payer money does each of them use for things like hospitals, prisons, etc.?  

This site says that illegal immigrants cost taxpayers 113 billion, so slowing down that number from increasing seems worth it and like the wall will end up paying for itself.

Not to mention, as I said, aren't Americans supplying the labor and the physical parts of the wall?  Keeping everything in the country seems like a good thing.

(04-10-2018, 01:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: For me the wall is irrelevant, if it gets built or who pays for it is not my concern.   I want serious restrictions on that southern border, anyone coming from the south needs to be treated as invaders.  With serious repercussions for Mexico if they reach our. Border.  Likewise serious rewards if they do their jobs and stabilize the south.

The wall will help stop invaders.

(04-10-2018, 01:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I figure that because Congress only appropriated money for existing fences, not constructing new fences. So we're updating and replacing what's already in place. That's nothing new and it's not following through with any campaign promises.

Also, part of the promise was this multi billion dollar waste of money would be paid for by someone else. You can't say a promise was kept when every aspect of it wasn't.

Read the link and see that more is happening.

Also, we could begin to tax Mexican imports heavier, and along with the money spent on illegal immigrants, the wall would be paid for by someone else.

(04-10-2018, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: $70 billion to build, $100 million per year to maintain.

Wouldn't it have been better to pay a couple guys to dig a shallow trench, fill it with $70 billion and light that **** on fire? Ok, maybe not better, but as equally ineffective and a lot more entertaining.

More entertaining than what?
Why, more entertaining than watching folks swim around a wall, go through easily dug tunnels underneath the wall or by simply climbing over the wall.

A $70 billion security blanket for people scared of immigrants is one of the reasons our deficit is increasing again. What a waste.

So you're mad that we're spending money in the country to help protect our country?

I also can't believe that people don't see the principle behind securing our borders and not allowing illegal immigrants to take advantage of us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Construction Of The Wall Has Started - BFritz21 - 04-10-2018, 07:16 PM