Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Construction Of The Wall Has Started
(04-10-2018, 11:21 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold: I'm livid. I'm furious. I'm incensed at the stupidity of the wall. But don't misunderstand, it's got nothing to do with helping protect our country. It's like when I get mad, livid, furious and incensed at the stupidity of spending $500 billion in "defense" every year. Or that the government spends about as much on healthcare and tens of millions of people still have no affordable healthcare.

Yes I'm mad we're even contemplating spending a tenth of what we're likely to spend on the wall, much like I'd be mad if we brought back other outdated wastes of money. Building the wall for $70 billion is like the Department of Health and Human Services lobbying Medicaid to spend $70 prescribing everyone who is ill leeches or heroin. We have technology that can track people in the middle of the desert at night, but we're going to spend billions on a method that can't keep rabbits out of a garden?

Seriously, why are you not mad?

As far as the rest, I've said it a jillion times: fund existing agencies, encourage wage increases and enforce existing laws.... BAM, immigration will fix itself in less than a decade. No shit. It will be solved if we start funding agencies to process applications and regulate the process. Why? Because the 200-300,000 people estimated crossing will have an incentive to come here legally. Or not. Either way, they'll have an answer. And if you enforce existing laws requiring employers to check status, you'll have a lot fewer immigrants. Why? Because then there's no incentive. They come here for work, not that nonsensical picture Trump painted of hordes of Mexicans raping and robbing their way across the country. No, the overwhelming majority are here because you can make $8 an hour cash from the right employer, who is super happy to not pay taxes on you provided he's getting your labor at half off.

The wall is a defense mechanism. It’s should be all military for home defense. Time we pulled back from the world and set up shop on the southern border. At least our money can be spent here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Construction Of The Wall Has Started - StLucieBengal - 04-10-2018, 11:36 PM