Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richie Incognito retiring - BUF now big need at LG
(04-11-2018, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It seems the team is eyeballing either DT or FS early. I get no indications they are considering LB early, that's for sure.
I'm just being stubborn regarding Billings I guess. I was super pumped when he was drafted, especially in the 4th round. I had (still have) high hopes for him.
If the team goes after Payne, it practically would seal his fate to backup NT or even cut.

However, if I'm looking for an early-round DT that would play NT, I'm going Tim Settle in Rds 2-3. He offers more upside as a pass rusher while also being able to stuff the run.
NFL.com has his comparison as Vince Wilfork.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tim-settle?id=32462018-0002-5601-905d-2aba6fe19f35

Don’t forget that D-line rotation is incredibly important. I guess the way I see it, if they draft Payne, or even settle, and Billings comes on strong, you’ve got a DT rotation second to none. No drop off on the interior D-line is something we haven’t seen around here in a long time. Dunlap and Lawson would thank the FO too, because they would feast on QB’s due to having less double teams to fight through. Not to mention the blocks the DT’s would eat up freeing up the LB’s. Needless to say, I’m 100% behind grabbing a DT early if the right one is there.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Richie Incognito retiring - BUF now big need at LG - The Real Deal - 04-11-2018, 11:37 AM