Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-11-2018, 08:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is more important that the input data be objective than the formula.

As long as the input data is objective than every QB is being compared equally.  The problem comes when the input data is subjective i.e., "window size", "receiver adjustment", etc.

So if you feel the formulas is flawed then show comaprisons between QBs witha different formula.  just don't use subjective input data.  That is what makes the rankings less reliable.

So explain what is wrong with the current NFL pass efficiency rating and show where Dalton would stand compared to all other QBs with adifferent formula.

The bottom line is all the formulas are subjective, they all use human opinion to formulate them. Its important that not only the input be objective, but also the formula itself. The qb rating puts weights on different parameters which is subjective, so does pff and brickwallblitz.  Anytime some human comes up with a formula and puts weights on things like completion %, TD, or decides whether something was a tight window or large window, its subjective. 

Using brickwallblitz he was about a C on deep throws, so using that formula it would rank him around 15 - 20. 

I use brickwallblitz stats because at least it takes a lot more things into account than the qb rating. The qb rating puts heavy emphasis on where the ball is thrown!  Dalton went 3 of 16 one year with 2 TD and gets a 106!! I don't care if its applied evenly, it's still using subjective human input to decide the weights and apply a flawed formula to the deep throws. 

I even looked at Fitzpatrick's deep throw qb rating numbers over 40 yards, it has him rated over 100 since 2012, and we all know Fitzpatrick has a weak arm and shanks a lot of balls over 30 yards. I didn't even think Fitzpatrick could throw it over 40 yards. If it is showing Fitzpatrick as an elite deep thrower over 40 yards then the qb rating formula is flawed.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-11-2018, 02:12 PM