Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-12-2018, 04:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: See, here's the thing: on one side you have the "Dalton defenders" who, as far as I can tell, pretty much veiw Dalton as an above average to good QB. Virtually no one on this side sees Dalton as a great or top 5 QB or anything like that. The vast majority of us would have no problem with getting a new QB if said QB was demonstrably better or at least had the potential to be better. Most of us, also use stats to back up our arguments.

Then on the other side, you have the "Dalton haters" who, as far as I can tell, think Dalton is a below average or "garbage" QB, rarely give him the credit he deserves, would have rather seen unproven McCarron start over him, and mainly use opinion to back up their arguments.

Maybe the realization needs to come from those who can't recognize that a decent QB is already starting for the Bengals.

Heck, I even helped the Dalton bashers out by showing that he sucks in the 21-30 range. I'm sure they could do something with that.

I have no delusions about Andy. He's great at the pre-snap reads and short passing game. Mid range could use some work and could be viewed as a weakness. Pocket awareness has been shaky - not good or awful, but shaky. If he doesn't set his feet, he's prone to ugly throws. He's been good on long balls. He's very good at avoiding turnovers. Overall I think he's a 10-12ish QB as long as the o-line isn't in shambles. 

If people who are hyper critical of Dalton would study other QB's with the same intensity, they'd find plenty of issues with those guys as well. The QB's who play at a top 5 elite level for 10 years can usually be counted on one hand.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - Shake n Blake - 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM