Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(05-22-2015, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You still don't get it.  The fact that there are SOME jobs does not mean that there are enough jobs for everyone.

Are you really trying to c;aim that there are enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one yet everyone just chooses to struggle to get by on low wages?  How about all the people who worked hard for college degrees and can't find good paying jobs?  Did they work hard through college and then suddenly become lazy bums when they got out of school?  What about all the people drawing unemployment that are seeking jobs?

Do you honestly think that there are no people applying for those jobs you list?  That there is no competition for those jobs?

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I'm saying that there are plenty of jobs.

Many people choose not to apply for them, for a variety of reasons. Perhaps they are unwilling to learn a new skill, unwilling to move to where the work is, maybe those jobs that pay will require them to put in more effort than they want to produce.

My son got tired of minimum wage jobs (he's 19), he's now making $11.51/hr., working 50+ hrs./wk on a landscaping crew, in Cincinnati. He tried his hand at a factory, paying about the same, but didn't like it. Don't tell me there aren't plenty of jobs out there, when a 19 year old, that barely finished HS, with no skills to speak of, and very little experience or ambition can find jobs that pay a living wage. He quit the factory job, started on the landscape crew a week later. He's now looking to get his own place.

There are plenty of jobs, many people just don't want to work them! Could be why we have such a problem with illegal immigration? If Americans would go work those jobs, there would be no incentive for the illegals to come here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - SunsetBengal - 05-22-2015, 04:02 PM