Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office
(04-16-2018, 06:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess that helps, but I'm still a little cloudy like on the part where the client has to invoke privilege.  I get where the client has to waive it, but I don't have to go around telling any lawyer I've ever used not to talk about something.  I pretty much assumed it's invoked until I say otherwise.  

And in the Stormy Daniels situation, if there is no client, then what are they looking for?  As I understood it, they were looking for him illegally paying her off with his own money.  If they accept the premise that their is no client, then there is no potential crime.  

I'm not arguing, that's just where I'm fuzzy.

What I don't understand about the Daniels situation is if the POTUS has no idea who she is and has nothing to do with it why is he telling is lawyer to fight to keep the NDA?  And why did his spokesperson (Sanders) say it was a "win" for the President when it was upheld the first time?

There's a LOT of fuzzy in that story.

As to the rest I don't claim to have full understanding of it either...just sharing what I had read.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-09-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-12-2018, 01:56 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - GMDino - 04-16-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: FBI raids Trump lawyer's office - jj22 - 07-26-2018, 08:51 AM