Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-11-2018, 04:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So now you are claiming that you do not even need to know any numbers on deep throws to determin which QB is best at throwing deep?  All you have to do is look at his total numbers and that tells you how well he throws the deep ball?

I thought the wholoe point of this discussion was to look at deep throw sseperate from all the others to decide who was the best at throwing the deep pass.  But now you are trying to say "Just look at all the throws.  The deep throws will be exactly the same."

That isn't what I said, so don't start twisting my words around. I said if a qb throws a  ball that is overthrown or underthrown, it is much more likely to happen on a deep ball than a short ball. Since when is a 5 yard or 7 yard throw ever overthrown or underthrown. ALMOST NEVER!!

Of the approximately 400 balls Dalton threw about 100 were over 10 yards. So it is safe to assume almost ZERO balls were overthrown or under thrown within 10 yards. That means 17% of 400 throws or around 68 bad balls were thrown of the 100 balls he threw over 10 yards.

It is like when you cherry picked two stats for Kirkpatrick in 2015 and said he was a good corner that year. You forgot to mention his 15 penalties that year which were at least 10 above average, if added to his stop rate and yard per play it would plummet him, from 30 out of 110, to 90 out of 110, on both.

You also forgot to mention Kirkpatrick had zero interceptions in 2015, had a horrible run stop percentage, got picked on more than almost any corner in the league and had a PFF score that ranked him almost last in the league. Now 2015 PFF still was using a fairly accurate formula.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-17-2018, 05:51 PM