Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AD better deep ball than u think
(04-11-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the perfect example of what is wrong with your argument.  Any stat that does not agree with your opinion is "garbage".  So basically you don't care about stats.  You just want to state your opinion and ignore any stat that says you are wrong.

How was Fitz able to complete 5 passes over 40 yards past the line of scrimmage if he can't even throw it 40 yards?

You like to make a lot of false statements and accusations don't you toast. I never said I don't care about stats that I don't agree with, only formulas that are very inaccurate!! The qb rating is not a stat, it is a formula that puts a subjective weight on the td!!!!!!! Talk about a hypocrite coming from someone who cherry picks stats worse than I have ever seen. You should change your name to cherry pick toast.

It means I was surprised that Fitzpatrick was able to even throw it 40 yards because he has a very weak arm and watching him play he struggles with any sort of deep ball.The fact that the worst deep thrower in the league, Fitzpatrick, has a high deep ball rating over 40 yards since 2012 indicates a deeply flawed qb rating formula that cannot be trusted on deep balls.

Formulas, not stats, are only garbage only if they obviously show something that is vastly different than what most experts opinion would agree is true. I never said  throw out all formulas I don't agree with, but only would throw out formulas in circumstances when they obviously aren't accurate at all.

It is not like I'm throwing away a players stats, when he's batting 100 out of 300, which is a .333 batting average, because I don't like how he swings the bat. The fact is he put up a good stat that is not weighted and manipulated by some flawed formula.

Like I have said a million times and won't keep saying it because it is a waste of time, the qb rating is very inaccurate for deep balls. It allows a qb to go 3 for 16 with 2 td's like Dalton did and still score high with a 106 rating.

Furthermore, it is you who thinks that input cannot be subjective but formula weights can be subjective. It is not for you to decide what is subjective or not. You either allow it all the time or you never allow it. 

The brickwallblitz ratings, if they are subjective, are far less subjective than the qb rating is. For example, they break down how open a wide receiver is into 7 different levels; from wide open, to very open,to slightly open, to open, to covered, to very covered, to blanketed.

This means ,that if subjectivity is applied, it only is to decide between say slightly open to open. It isn't like the qb rating, which puts monstrous weight on the td, and allows a horrible completion percentage to still have a high rating.

If the qb rating would adjust the weight for distance thrown then it would be a lot more accurate. It should have different td weights for balls between 0-10, 11-21 , 21- 30, 31- 40 and over 40 yards.  If it did this it would not allow Dalton to go 3 for 16 with 2 td's on throws over 30 and score a very high rating.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - J24 - 04-07-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: AD better deep ball than u think - wolverine515151 - 04-17-2018, 06:07 PM