Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okeana's final mock 2018
Thumbs Up 
Leading off I want to say this is a mix of what I feel the Bengals will do and what I think they should do. While early on I was preaching that we should take guys like Wynn and Hernandez in the first round at this point I don't feel they make it to our pick because their draft stock has gone way up.

Round 1 - Jaire Alexander - CB - Louisville

[Image: 611919074.jpg.0.jpg]

While things have changed at bengals HQ i simply cannot see them not drafting a CB in round 1 after evaluating who's left at our pick. I feel the best OT's ( if you want to call them that ) and guards will be picked by our spot and while there is a chance we draft a guy like Daniels at center because of need I just don't see them drafting a round 1 center when you can get one in the next couple of round without much falloff.

Jaire fits the mold of the type of corner we will look to replace Adam Jones with and they have very similar builds and play style. While i think Josh Jackson has a bit better ball skills, Jaire is the better all around corner and offers the added benefit of being a great punt returner. He has good ball skills, long arms, and is above average in both man and zone coverage's.

Round 2 - James Daniels - C - Iowa

[Image: 869607382.jpg.0.jpg]

I know what your thinking and your right this guy may be gone, but I think Price may go before him and we may package some picks and move up to get him in early round 2. Regardless he's probably the best pure center in this years draft and while he's mostly a zone guy coming out of college, I think he will add 10 to 15 pounds of muscle in an NFL weight program that will allow him to play power run schemes as well.

Round 3 - Tim Settle - DT - Virginia Tech

[Image: tim_settle_2017_01.jpg]

Big strong DT that could shed a couple of pounds, but can play up and down the line. This is a guy who will be drafted in 2-3rd round but could be a pro bowl talent. The bengal's have been searching for a guy who could be the run stuffing force who can also rush the passer.

Round 3 pick 2 - BJ Hill - DT - NC State

[Image: bj-hill-adf30c14b314e528.jpg]

I have to confess that BJ Hill is one of my obsessions in this years draft as a guy who could play in rotation with atkins without much falloff. I think he would fit our system perfectly and if he were to shed some weight I could even see him playing at DE with his burst and hands.

Round 4 - Alex Kappa - OT - Humboldt State

[Image: alexcappa.jpg]
Some people are still sleeping on this guy, but I think he could be a day 1 starter at Right Tackle and only falls because he went to a small school. I would take him in round 3, but feel that round 4 is probably where he will be drafted. TBH he is one of my favorite Tackles in this draft and he can always kick inside at guard.

Round 4- Royce Freeman - RB - Oregon

[Image: 636279867210206606-USATSI-9588469.jpg]

Big north south runner who can play special teams and be a goal line guy. This is a very deep draft of running backs and we need a guy with a contrasting style to what we already have. He is a total steal in the 4th if he falls which is totally possible in this class.

Round 5 - Micah Kiser - LB - Virginia

Bengals like Linebackers with instincts and Kiser has that in spades. He isn't the most athletic guy, but he sure does make a lot of plays. Special teams and rotational guy.

Round 5 - Luke Falk - QB - Washington State

Accurate QB who hates pressure. Has the potential to be a drew brees type player as he matures and thats not a joke. solid backup.

Round 5 - J. C. Jackson - CB - Maryland

Small fast press corner to cover slot receivers and add depth rotational value. depth guy who falls because of off the field issues. Bungals

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Okeana's final mock 2018 - Okeana - 04-18-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - Okeana - 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - sandwedge - 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - Okeana - 04-19-2018, 01:16 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - psychdoctor - 04-19-2018, 02:30 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - psychdoctor - 04-21-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: Okeana's final mock 2018 - CJD - 04-23-2018, 09:08 AM