Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to agents, our front office sucks
(04-19-2018, 11:56 AM)depthchart Wrote: Maybe...

I just don't see Mike Brown as being an "unprepared" person when it comes to committing his Money Long Term.

He strikes me as being a guy that would be very systematic and thorough heading into negotiations that involves his money.

He may give the appearance of being unprepared to stall the negotiations or buy some time or to obtain more information from the Agents.

I also doubt that he flat out lies to the Agents making him untrustworthy.

He likely qualifies his statements with words like "may" or "may be able to do this" and the Agents hear what they want to hear making it an absolute in the Agents mind. Then the Agent feels betrayed.

Mike nailed the City of Cincinnati pretty good on the stadium deal and I would bet that he is a sly negotiator.

I could be wrong, however, and Mike could be like the old Mr Magoo cartoon character that was blind and would walk onto building construction sites, get high up on the various beams of the building then step onto a swinging beam just before falling and get taken safely back to the ground unharmed. Maybe Mike is a completely unprepared and clueless negotiator who's word can't be trusted and he Mr Magoo's his way into the good deals he makes.   Tongue

If Mike Brown "nailed" Bob Bedinghaus during a business deal, why would Mike hire the guy who negotiated one of the worst business deals for Hamilton County to be the Bengals' director of business development? Was it because Mike admired what a shitty job Bedinghaus did when Mike "nailed" him?

Last year after drafting Mixon, Mike released a statement claiming Mixon "pleaded guilty in court, and accepted the consequences."

That's not true. Mixon entered an Alford plea which means he acknowledged the video evidence of him punching the woman in the face fracturing facial bones which required hours of reconstructive maxillofacial surgery was enough to result in his conviction while he maintained his innocence.". In other words, Mixon's plea claimed he didn't do it.

Mike Brown's statement is a blatant attempt to put a positive PR spin on yet another of his questionable draft picks with character concerns. Or it is evidence he is uninformed (unprepared) regarding the background of the players he is drafting.

If Mike is willing to lie to his fan base and Hamilton County, why wouldn't he lie to agents? And with the new CBA essentially slotting players contracts, why would he need to drag out the negotiations on a deal which is basically done once the player before and after the Bengals' pick sign their deals?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to agents, our front office sucks - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-19-2018, 03:51 PM