Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do we pass up on Goedert at 21?
(04-19-2018, 05:53 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I can see I'm alone with this opinion. That's cool. I just feel like if we pass him up in a couple years (or earlier) we could be saying, wow, why did we pass up on this guy? as he's catching around 10 touchdowns a year. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I see a lot of potential with this guy. 

As far as the offensive line. We already got our left tackle. We can get our center in 2, and find another offensive tackle or guard in the 3rd round. Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy drafting a center in the first round--I'd be happy with McGlinchey if he falls too, I wouldn't mind Hernandez either. But it doesn't change the feeling that we'll be missing out on a rare talent. 

I feel you Stripes, and you could be right 31 teams could be kicking themselves for not drafting your TE.If the Bengals didnt screw the pooch in the draft two years ago with Obi and Fisher, or in FA last year with Whit and Zietler, or thought the Oline was fine after that and didnt draft anyone last year I think this could be a possibility. I honestly think the Bengals need to hit on Two Guys in this year's draft in order for this Oline to not be a steaming pile of Dog Shat. Its also not a Guarantee that Cordy Glenn will light the world on fire at LT, and people talk as if Boling is an All World Pro Bowl Guard.............. he is average.

The Bengals neglected to draft Oline last year, and that didnt work out too well, I wouldnt suggest making the same mistake two years in a row.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do we pass up on Goedert at 21? - bambino5130 - 04-20-2018, 04:50 PM