Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davenport vs Chubb
(04-21-2018, 02:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't see the Bengals taking a project albeit a very talented one in the first round.  He is very talented but Raw.  Lorenzo Carter fits the mold what Marvin Lewis likes, he's an edge player a tweener who could probably play Sam.  They can always tab Dunlop a franchise player for a year.

I agree they probably will not go Center in the first round.  I've been following the Bengals for many years and I think the only took one Center fairly high in the draft and all of my life.  

I think they like that offense tackle from Notre Dame the most mostly because of his attitude is similar to big Whit.  With that said it would not surprise me one bit if the Cincinnati Bengals take a cornerback and round one.   I'm just going to make sure I have plenty of beer and I'm slightly drunk when they pick in round one because they tend to shock me from time to time.

I wouldn't exactly call him a project.  That was Margus Hunt.  This kid was a late bloomer, but has real football skills with tremendous punch and bendability (is that a word?).  

A tweener that could play SAM is like Lawson, or maybe the kid I like from Ball State, Winbush, who will be a late round pick.  This guy could play on either side of the line and be a true three down player.  He also has that height and length that we covet in our outside pass rushers (Dunlap, MJ, Will Clarke...all 6'6" of greater).  

What I like about him is his best move seems to be a punch once the tackle sells out to protect the wide angle and he cuts underneath.  Very, very strong punch, and still has room on his frame to get bigger and stronger.  He is cut like a large TE!!!  I think he could still be very fast at 290 lbs and be an absolute load on the outside.

I am warming up to the idea of him and would much rather have him than an OT like Miller.  McGlinchey, ok, but not Miller.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Davenport vs Chubb - SHRacerX - 04-21-2018, 12:45 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - Bengalstripes9 - 04-21-2018, 01:19 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - psychdoctor - 04-21-2018, 02:36 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - BenZoo2 - 04-21-2018, 05:58 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - psychdoctor - 04-21-2018, 06:05 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - SHRacerX - 04-21-2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - psychdoctor - 04-21-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - SunsetBengal - 04-21-2018, 08:44 PM
RE: Davenport vs Chubb - SHRacerX - 04-22-2018, 09:01 AM