Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting
(09-02-2015, 09:36 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't see any hyperbole or strawman in my post.  Perhaps you can highlight what you believe I said that you're referring to as those things.

Infrastructure benefits the general welfare of the whole country.  Health care research and immigration control does as well. 

Welfare programs do not benefit the whole country.  They benefit a portion of the country and are a detriment to the rest that are stuck paying for these programs and actually have to make their own way. 

I said before that the defense budget needs to be scaled back, so I don't know why you're constantly bringing that into the discussion, unless it's to excuse BS spending because we spend more on defense.  Waste is waste.

Be lucky I'm not in charge.  I'd make poverty suck so bad that people wouldn't want to be in it.  I'd make it illegal to own a car while on government assistance.  I'd make it illegal to have cable TV while on government assistance.  Housing would be one-room efficiencies, and food stamps would go away in favor of food pantries that gave out the absolute bare necessities.  I'd also make it a law that anyone who gets pregnant while on government assistance will get their benefits cut. 

Of course they do.

Are our streets filled with homeless people begging?

It helps keep crime rates lower.

Heck it helps business bottom lines by allowing them to pay low wages and not provide any kind of insurance or retirement.

That's why I laugh when I here a politician say the "poor" in America have it better than anywhere else in the world...so we have to take away those things that make it better. Smirk

You plan would ENSURE that the poor never got out of their place in society. But you probably think its a choice to be poor.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: George Zimmerman slams 'baboon' Obama after Virginia shooting - GMDino - 09-02-2015, 09:43 AM