Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Week Predictions For The Bengals
(04-23-2018, 12:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I think there is so many ways to see the people on this board be really happy. People seems to have a majority consensus that they like McGlinchey, Wynn, Hernandez, Ragnow, Daniels, and even guys like Price at Center, Evans or Smith or Edmunds at Linebacker, or somehow Derwin James sliding would all improve this team right away and be solid picks. I think I could live with a Cornerback if the right guy fell like Alexander and the board didn't fall in their favor so they traded down and still landed someone like him it would be okay but not the impact guy we really need right away. The number one meltdown will come with Kolton Miller though. What would be the player or players that made you the most happy in the draft and on the flip side which ones would disappoint you, even though only time will tell but in general just guys you like and dislike?

Playing devil's advocate, what makes anyone on the board qualified to say if Miller is a bad pick? He is polarizing across scouts apparently and some have him going in the top 15 and before McGLinchey. I simply think it's funny people think they are qualified to say what a good or bad pick is when they have no real understanding of breaking down tape, or talking with the prospect in a classroom setting ,or talking to his college coaches. The fact anyone would have a meltdown about a pick that most likely will be "in range" of a general consensus value just shows how crazy the whole process is. Remember when Billings was a sure fire 1st rounder and everyone here lost his mind when we passed in the 1st, then the 2nd, then the 3rd?

I don't worry about specific players honestly. I went back and looked through the last 8 first rounds and stats say 2/3 will be busts no matter how good or bad people think the picks are immediately after. I would like to see us address O line or Linebacker in the 1st, but honestly enough starters come from middle rounds that I don't worry too much about when. If we go back just one year, had we taken Lawson in the top 10 instead of Ross and gotten that production people would be talking about how we did well with our 1st last year. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Week Predictions For The Bengals - Au165 - 04-23-2018, 12:54 PM