Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, in North Dakota ...
(08-27-2015, 11:02 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Don't be so naive, Fred. 'Somebody' definitely hopes to occupy us. We're surrounded by evidence, exhibit 1 being the militarization of law enforcement. But let's look at further evidence, shall we?

The Church Comittee clearly outlines abuses committed by the several alphabet agencies as well as branches of the military.

COINTELPPRO offers nice segway into those U.S. Political prisoners you deny. Of course first, we must define the term.

Here Encyclopedia Brittanica define Political Prisoner as;

Amnesty International defines them as;

Hmmm, I wonder if we can find anyone that fits into these descriptions?

Martin Luther King Jr ring a bell?

I've read several times that

Under that definition many activists from the 60's and 70's fit the bill, according to former Mayor, Congressman and U.S. Ambassador the the United Nations Andrew Young, who said;

Just ask former NY attorney Lynne Stewart what the Patriot Act is all about.

Onto limited freedoms. If...

Arbitrary Justice

Assassination of U.S. citizens

Indefinite Detention

Warrantless Searches

Secret Evidence

Secret Courts

... aren't indicative of limited freedoms, then I'll have what you're having. The use of drones is one thing, using weapons mounted drones is brings it to another level.

And finally, a level playing field is only fair. The right bear arms isn't to kill Bambi. It's to guard against tyranny, which brings this reply full circle.

Lot's of "blahblahblahblahblah" with no substance.

You list a grand total of one political prisoner held by the United States 60 years ago.

No property seizure. No people taken prisoner.  No extortion using stolen private information.  No limiting of any rights to protest.  There is not sign we are headed toward "occupation".

There will always be a need for secret courts when dealing with foreign relations.  But there have been no victims of these secret court by U.S. citizens that don't flee the jurisdiction of the United States.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Meanwhile, in North Dakota ... - fredtoast - 09-02-2015, 12:10 PM