Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS to blame for "War on Police"
(09-02-2015, 12:11 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: As POTUS, his audience is ALWAYS the entire American people.  What Obama does is pander to his base.  If he wants to advocate for specific local black groups then he should never have given up his job as Community Agitator.

As POTUS, you're supposed to unify the country, not enable and contribute to divisive rhetoric.  He allowed a few of these cases to be about race, rather than focusing on procedural error and an unwillingness to follow lawful orders.

I'll never say a politician doesn't pander.

But I'll defend his speaking to different people even when using the national pulpit.

Asking for calm and promising justice is EXACTLY what the President should do...and does....and did.

His focus on the race of the victim WAS to speak to those who would assume they wouldn't get justice.  That is who he was speaking to and about.  I'm sorry if the vast white majority in the country doesn't get all the good feels when one of them is killed.  But knowing that white kids aren't going to loot and riot (unless their team wins a championship) means you don't HAVE to address them.  He HAS shown support for the police.  He HAS spoken on the violence directed at them.  But it doesn't matter to some who believe he is race baiting by not bringing up race when he doesn't have to.

:snark:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: POTUS to blame for "War on Police" - GMDino - 09-02-2015, 12:21 PM