Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man Put To Death For 1989 Murder
(04-24-2018, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine most are; however, the time cannot be reversed. I also sure there are many innocent men that have spent a life wrongly imprisoned, life everyday knowing they are innocent, and die in that very state. To me to abolish capital punishment is simply throwing the baby out with the bath water. The focus should be and has been on improved methods of investigation. But unfortunately, once all the evidence is presented, a suspect has been found guilty by a jury of his or her peers, and the sentence is death; then the sentence should be carried out. People die everyday for unjustified reasons. But we are allowed to pick and choose what we apply zero tolerance to.

I have said in the past the CP should be reserved for extreme cases in which there is no ambiguity. Can anyone against the death penalty tell me why Dylan Roof should not die for his crimes?

The time cannot be reversed, but the sentence can be overturned. A death sentence is final. Sure, some innocent people never get exonerated, but that doesn't support an argument in favor of the death penalty. The fact that we even recognize that innocent people are in prison acts as a counter argument to the death penalty. The very fact that one innocent life can be saved far outweighs the need for an overpriced vengeance. 

Abolishing the death penalty doesn't prevent concurrent criminal justice reform in other areas. We're capable of addressing multiple issues at the same time. Maryland overturned the death penalty and continues to work to reform our criminal justice system.

To answer your question: it's far more expensive and we cannot selectively apply the law. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man Put To Death For 1989 Murder - BmorePat87 - 04-24-2018, 08:22 PM