Poll: Who will be the better QB moving forward?
Dalton
McCarron
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB?
Dalton is the easy choice. Thanks to his solid play over the last 4 years, he will have a starting gig in the NFL for a long time. Whether or not you think QB's should get credit for wins, teams will look at the fact that Dalton was the QB of a team that made the playoffs 4 years in a row. I'm sure a team like the Bills would be THRILLED to have Andy Dalton as their QB right now.

As for Dalton's future with the Bengals, a lot rides on this season. I think he rebounds with a healthy group around him, but I'm not sure any QB will win a playoff game with Marv at the helm.

As for McCarron, I like what I've seen so far. I've mentioned that his poor interviews combined with preexisting injury possibly caused him to slip, but who knows? I do know he's looked better than any 5th round QB I've seen. I like how he keeps his eyes downfield when dealing with pressure. I like that when he rolls away from pressure, he makes sure to set his feet before throwing. His leadership qualities seem to be as advertised. His accuracy has been good.

That said, we've only seen McCarron make 32 preseason throws. It's kinda tough to predict his NFL future based on that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB? - Shake n Blake - 09-02-2015, 02:07 PM