Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(09-02-2015, 01:24 PM)Benton Wrote: I believe so. And I don't feel to bad if that's the case. If we're talking about 1-2% of the student population, it doesn't justify disrupting 98%-99% by building a transgender facility, making the 98-99% change with someone still physically of the opposite sex or something else.

To me, it's like having a non-English speaking student. Get them someone to work with them in class or one on one, give them some.after school services, or something, but don't start teaching the class in Canadian just because the kid is from Ontario.

This just keeps making me chuckle.
LOL

But in all seriousness, I believe locker rooms have needed an overhaul for decades.
I believe there should be a lot more privacy, in the first place.
There should be stalls installed within the large shower room and around 5-6 changing rooms/stalls would be appropriate within the locker room.
There should be no instance where a person could be gazing upon another's nakedness .
Not only would it make things easier to sort out for the people in the story I posted, it would also alleviate any anxiety concerning homosexual boys and girls using the same areas.
That is what I did not get about people suggesting the person in the story use the boys locker room.
What if that person is attracted to boys ?
Are we not nearly in the same boat ?
More privacy is the only reasonable solution that I see, without blowing things out of proportion. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - Rotobeast - 09-02-2015, 02:59 PM