Poll: Who will be the better QB moving forward?
Dalton
McCarron
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB?
(09-02-2015, 09:25 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, to be fair, Andy Dalton has had more success as a starting QB than Rey Mauluga has had as a LB.  This was a guy, who at one point, graded out to be the very worst starting LB in the NFL.  Not to mention that the success rate for 3rd LB's (where Dawson was taken) is much higher than that of 5th round QB's.  I do get where you're going with this though, but I just wanted to point out that the comparison is not apples to apples.

In my time as a football fan, I've never seen more hype surrounding a 5th round QB from a fanbase.  I don't know if it's because Alabama was so good during his time there, him and his wife are well known, or that some hate Andy Dalton so much.  It just doesn't make sense to me for people to be that much more hopeful for AJ McCarron than they were for Donald Hollas (4), John Walsk (7), Scott Covington (7), Casey Bramlet (7) and Jeff Rowe (5).

Someone explain it to me, why do we spend so much time on this guy?  As much as some homers hyped Dan Lefevour, I'd have to guess he saw about a 1/4 the talk that McCarron does.  Why?

People saw AJ do good things, noticed, liked it and said as much.  Don't know why that bothers you.  That's the hype, in a nutshell.  Yes, there are people doing this, what you've done, exaggerating the amount of praise he's gotten.  This has become a phenomenon in its own right.

It's like anything else--maybe an extremist or two says something and suddenly, there's some mythical hype train rolling.

In reality, most people have been pretty low key, which is what they usually are.  He played well, it's acknowledged and that's about the end of it until the exaggerators jump in.

It's like homers vs. haters, there's a few of each and the rest are in between.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB? - McC - 09-02-2015, 03:40 PM