Poll: Who will be the better QB moving forward?
Dalton
McCarron
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB?
(09-02-2015, 02:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just wanted to point out some errors in your post. Griffin has a very high football IQ. His problem is he's been Klingerized.

Now on to our players,
AD and AJ seem to both have about the same physical skills. And that's where that comparison ends.
Let's get this out the way now.
AD is an average to slightly below average qb and doesn't show signs of being much more than average.
AJ is slightly below average, but shows signs that he can be better than average.

So we have 2 QB's that seem to be equal with one being the Vet that's done good things already and has a leg up in that department over the the new guy (which is the way it should be until the new guy gets his chance).

AJ seems to have better ball placement
AJ seems to have better pocket awareness
AJ seems to have better route anticipation
AD hasn't shown much progression since season 2.

Of course for now, it's AD's job to lose, but if he gets hurt or is playing very badly, Marvin shouldn't hesitate to insert AJ into the line up.

I like AJ, let me say that first.

However, I have no idea how you can rate ball placement, pocket awareness, route anticipation and since 2013 was AD's best year (year #3) I have no idea you basis for what to me appears to be a lot of assumptions. AJ has not played one regular season NFL team yet, he has yet to play one NFL team who game planned to stop him and our offense.

As far as football IQ, it has been proven Griffin struggles reading defenses where AD has quickly become very good. AD audibles well as has been given the authority to audible according to Hue Jackson, this speaks volumes of his football IQ. Griffin has proven to be Vick #2, a great athlete who struggles to see the game. The problem with Griffin is his speed has diminished due to injury and I am not sure nor is Gruden he will ever be able to a pocket passer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB? - Luvnit2 - 09-02-2015, 04:11 PM