Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS to blame for "War on Police"
(09-02-2015, 04:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: We actually have and spend money on "My Brother's Keeper Task Force"???

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I have to admit I never heard of it but it seems like a good idea:

http://www.ed.gov/edblogs/hispanic-initiative/my-brothers-keeper/

Quote:In February 2014, the President announced a new initiative, My Brother’s Keeper to ensure that all youth, including boys and young men of color, have opportunities to improve their life outcomes and overcome barriers to success. There have been a number of events and announcements related to My Brother’s Keeper since its launch – more information about the various aspects of My Brother’s Keeper can be found at theMy Brother’s Keeper webpage, and several resources are listed below.

Did You Know?
  • Only 7% of America’s public school teachers are Hispanic, 2% are Hispanic males.
  • 27% of Blacks and Latinos enroll in an Advanced Placement class and just 18% receive a passing score.
  • By the 4th grade, many Black and Latino students are nearly 3 years behind their white counterparts.
  • Hispanic young men are more than 6 times as likely to be murder victims than white peers.
  • 82% of Hispanic boys read below proficiency levels by the fourth grade.
To advance the goals of My Brother’s Keeper, the Initiative is focusing on identifying and increasing impact in key areas, including: early learning and school readiness, parenting and family engagement, third grade literacy, educational opportunity and college access, school discipline, postsecondary affordability and completion, diversity in the teaching profession, interactions with the criminal justice system, ladders to jobs and economic opportunity, and healthy families and communities.

Key My Brother’s Keeper Activities
The Initiative has engaged in numerous activities to discuss the My Brother’s Keeper effort and the educational prospects of Hispanic males. In addition, we have tracked many activities that relate to the goals of My Brother’s Keeper, or focus on Hispanic boys and young men, that have been carried out by organizations in the nonprofit and private sectors. Below is an extended list of activities held throughout 2014, which includes web links to resources connected to those activities that can be found online.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/02/27/fact-sheet-opportunity-all-president-obama-launches-my-brother-s-keeper-

Quote:Investments from Leading Foundations and Businesses to Advance the Achievement of Boys and Young Men of Color.  Leading foundations and businesses have long worked with others in philanthropy to create opportunities for young men and boys of color and today are committing significant resources to research critical intervention points in the lives of boys and young men of color; change the often-damaging narrative about them; and catalyze coordinated investments to seed, replicate, and scale up effective community solutions.

The foundations supporting today’s call to action have already made extensive investments, including  $150 million in current spending that they have already approved or awarded. Building on that, today these foundations are announcing that over the next five years they seek to invest at least $200 million, alongside additional investments from their peers in philanthropy and the business community, to find and rapidly spread solutions that have the highest potential for impact in key areas, including: early child development and school readiness, parenting and parent engagement, 3rd grade literacy, educational opportunity and school discipline reform, interactions with the criminal justice system ladders to jobs and economic opportunity and healthy families and communities.

The foundations will work over the next 90 days to design a strategy and infrastructure for coordination of these investments, which can be aligned with additional commitments from a diverse array of actors from other sectors.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: POTUS to blame for "War on Police" - GMDino - 09-02-2015, 04:42 PM