Poll: Who will be the better QB moving forward?
Dalton
McCarron
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB?
(09-02-2015, 04:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like AJ, let me say that first.

However, I have no idea how you can rate ball placement, pocket awareness, route anticipation and since 2013 was AD's best year (year #3) I have no idea you basis for what to me appears to be a lot of assumptions. AJ has not played one regular season NFL team yet, he has yet to play one NFL team who game planned to stop him and our offense.

As far as football IQ, it has been proven Griffin struggles reading defenses where AD has quickly become very good. AD audibles well as has been given the authority to audible according to Hue Jackson, this speaks volumes of his football IQ. Griffin has proven to be Vick #2, a great athlete who struggles to see the game. The problem with Griffin is his speed has diminished due to injury and I am not sure nor is Gruden he will ever be able to a pocket passer.

Forgot to mention AJ's command of the huddle as well.

Ball placement is pretty simple to see.
Which QB's receivers are catching the ball on the run vs stopping/jumping or stretching for it consistently?
The others are tougher to see and I'd love to see more of it, but AJ was known at Alabama for his pocket presence already, and you saw him moving around, yes, he got drilled a couple times, but his pocket just completely collapsed and that's not the OL that would normally be out there. We had 2nd stringers in vs 1st stringers on Defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you think will have a better future in the NFL at QB? - Mike M (the other one) - 09-02-2015, 08:54 PM