Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license
(09-02-2015, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that she should issue license to all; however, the folks that keep bringing up her past sins are only fueling the fire. She claims to have been saved after this 3rd divorce and her salvation is what has made her so convicted to her faith; because, she knows what it is like to be lost.

The Preacher at my Grandmother's church was once an atheist. He can identify more that someone that has never been there.

Feh, this thing of thinking just drives me bananas.  Is there a sort of point of no return where someone who has been lost but is now found can still be treated like a pariah?  Like, if some guy who raped and murdered a bus full of nuns but now has the love of the lord in his heart goes around pushing his new moral agenda on someone else?  Can we at least point out the insane hypocrisy of that guy?

The only reason her past transgressions don't matter is because in the real world it isn't against the law to have multiple marriages or to cheat on your spouse.  The fact that she's squared herself with her chosen god in a way that supposedly makes her even MORE awesome because she was a person of marginal character beforehand is laughable.  

Be liberal in what you accept from others and conservative in what you accept from yourself.  People who are the exact opposite just fry my bacon!  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do something terrible so I can see the error of my ways and start judging people for their failings!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCOTUS orders thrice-divorced KY county clerk to issue marriage license - Nately120 - 09-02-2015, 11:10 PM