Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Bates III welcome to the team!
(04-27-2018, 11:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know Austin has talked about 3 safety looks, but there were some rumblings when we were talking to Kurt Coleman. I believe James Rapien, Paul D, and Jim O said that we could move on from one of current starters depending on the draft. Rapien heard rumors that some inside the building haven’t been happy with the way Iloka has played FS.

We lost big play makers in secondary losing Nelson and Hall.  We are now giving up too many 3rd and longs. WE have young depth at CB. This gives us young depth as Safety.  Against Steelers Nelson or Hall always made the big plays to get us the ball back.  Without those 2, we have young CB's, but Safety really needed in Free Agency or Draft. Second Round.  This Austin knows DB about as good as LeBeau. I'm impressed with him coaching under Paterno, Urban Meyer, Harbaugh and other top coaches and him coaching on 3 Super Bowl Defenses with Seahawks, Cardinals and Ravens.  I trust this Super Bowl coach on his defensive sets. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesse Bates III welcome to the team! - kevin - 04-27-2018, 11:52 PM