Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
(04-27-2018, 06:03 PM)kevin Wrote: 2nd team All American 2016.  Unanimous All American 2017.  Rimington Award to best Center in College Football in 2017.  First Round NFL Draft Choice. 

No, I don't think we settled.  I saw Price, Ragnow, Daniels as a group we needed at least one from since we have no Center with Bodine gone.   We got a Center from this group.  

Only time will tell which one becomes the better Center in NFL.  We got a good one and that is all I care about.  Now NFL Center takes time to learn and he won't learn everything in Training Camp or Preseason. He will go through Rookie learning period.  Still, I think he has the raw potential at Center that Munoz and Montoya had at their positions of Tackle and Guard as Rookies.  I think over time we will see this as a huge upgrade from Cook and Bodine.  Could end up best Center for Bengals ever, but we won't know that for a few years.  I think somebody could be better than Bob Johnson some day, this might be the guy.

You are correct that we will never new know if Ragnow not taken pick before us, who they would have picked. It the long tun it doesn't matter. Only thing that matters now is Price is our Center and that is probably an upgrade from Bodine who was no Rimington Award Winner or runner up coming to Bengals.

I always hope someday Bengals will have a Jim Otto,  # 00 from Raiders.  I'm hoping Price is anchor at Center and Pro Bowl Awards for Bengals over next 10 years or more. Then nobody is ever going to question this pick. 
[/quote]
You're new here ,right?  He could become the GOAT and someone will still complain . There's never a shortage of people complaining about getting hung with a new rope.  Come to think about it I'd probably complain about getting hung with any rope. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel we "settled" for Price? - grampahol - 04-28-2018, 06:07 AM