Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Sam Hubbard and Malik Jefferson!
(04-28-2018, 04:42 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I agree, I wonder to how much Colin Kaepernick maybe had an effect on this draft.

As crazy as it may seem the NFL did take a hit and drafting a Cincinnati boy, with an all American smile, it does help restore it's image. Like I said before it's impossible to hate the guy.

Having to bulk up 70 pounds in 3 years shows an incredible amount of work ethic, maybe he can become more used to the weight and drop some fat percent, add some muscle and drop his time to a 4.8 range.

Look at Tom Brady, look at Tim Krumrie both didn't have a great combine or pro day, they didn't have all these stats from college.

But they had that fire in their eyes, that legendary work ethic. The kind of guy you don't want to bet against. They had him in for a workout and visit, if I remember correctly, maybe they saw that in him.

If he becomes a great player, let's be honest he'd be beloved like a Pete Rose, he'd be Cincinnati's favorite son so to speak.

I was kind of thinking along these lines.  The Bengals' attendance took a hit due to the general overall NFL boycott.  Now Mike Brown has drafted Ohio State and Cincinnati players, probably hoping to lure some fans back. Also one of the NFL Network announcers, after the first two picks, said it was clear the Bengals are looking for guys with a high football IQ.  So they want guys who are football smart and can learn what they need them to learn. Maybe Brown's thinking If they are Ohio natives or former Ohio players, that's even better to get fans interested again.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome Sam Hubbard and Malik Jefferson! - BonnieBengal - 04-28-2018, 08:59 AM