Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
I think this has been a really good draft. A couple guys I didnt know much about were Harris and Walton, but both of them really seem to be solid players with big upside. I was kind of shocked to see how much Harris stood out on the field watching his highlight reels.

In an idea world we would've drafted a RT, but it just goes to show that this years draft was very weak at OT. Pollack probably didnt see anyone who had a great shot at being what he wants. Honestly with his coaching our guys are liable to discover skills they never knew they had. I'm not even giving up on CedO now that Pollack is here. I was under the impression when we drafted him that he was a developmental pick, meaning it would be 2-3 years before he started to come into his own, which is why I didnt like the pick. With some real coaching, maybe he will surprise us this season. There will also be plenty of FA left to be had post-draft to maybe add some depth. I do like the Rod Taylor pick tho. I like that pick a lot.

Teryl Austin is getting his guys. I was shocked we went so hard at D, but now that its all settled down, I can clearly see why. We have a new DC and he specializes in secondary, and he is getting his guys. We gave up WAY too many big plays last year, and we definitely need some depth and competition back there. All of the guys we got have potential to make an impact on the D and ST right away and will definitely push the guys we have. Gotta love that.

With Price, Walton and Taylor, I see a big commitment to the run game in those picks, and it cannot be said enough how important a quality C is. We may have just got a future Pro Bowl C. Price is a mauler and excels in run blocking. I love that. This is how I think we start to win playoff games. A very stout D, and a great run game enhanced by our playmakers at WR/TE. This draft was a good step in that direction.

**A** for sure
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES! - bengaloo - 04-28-2018, 08:23 PM