Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
(04-29-2018, 07:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If you polled every scout, you would have more behind Price than Ragnow, and he went at 20.  Center may not be sexy, but this goes a long way to address a deficiency on this team that has been there for over a decade.  Price is an excellent long-term prospect, with four years of starting at two offensive line positions and winning the Rimmington Award.  He also has off-the-charts leadership and was often referred to as the mouthpiece for the offense at OSU.  

Maybe you would feel better about him knowing he had completed to 225 bench press 40 times in practice sessions.  The guy was the strongest prospect at center as well.  Don't you think it is about time we started winning at the line of scrimmage?  

Andy Dalton, Joe Mixon, and Gio Bernard do. 

Hey racer, with all due respect, that wasn’t the question. The question was if Price was a reach. Was he the BPA? Clearly no.

We don’t know how this ends up for years, but for now, we reached to fill a need. We actually took the 2nd choice at that position. And he is a fine prospect but not without some warts. (See PFF) There were clearly many other higher rated prospects in the offensive line still there along with many other positions.

What if you could have had Isaiah Wynn and Price in the second? If Price wasn’t there then one of the others would have likely fallen, Daniels, Connor Williams, or Austin Corbett.

So the question is did we reach? Clearly. Hey, I’ll pray to the Norns at Yggdrasil that fate intervenes and makes him a 10 year all pro center. I believe he is an upgrade, which isn’t saying much.

I’ll also bet the Ratbirds make us regret not taking Orlando Brown.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel we "settled" for Price? - yang - 04-29-2018, 09:34 AM