Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
(04-29-2018, 04:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody forgot anything. 

1. Some people may not be 100% sold on Westerman and Redmond after a couple games.

Or maybe we have qualms about Fisher and his mediocre play + heart problems.

2. I'm not sure how weak this class really was. 

- 6 o-linemen taken in round 1.
- 10 taken in the first 39 picks. 
- 6 taken in round 2.
- 8 taken in round 3.
- 3 taken in round 4
- 5 taken in round 5
- 6 taken in round 6
- 4 taken in round 7

The Jessie Bates pick could've been used on Brian O'Neill or Brandon Parker, a pair of tackles that went a few picks later.
The Hubbard or Jefferson picks could've been Orlando Brown, Joseph Noteboom, Alex Brown or Chukwuma Okorafor.
Walton could've been Rick Leonard or Will Richardson.
Harris could've been Tyrell Crosby, Wyatt Teller or JaMarco Jones.

Obviously I'm not saying we should've went o-line all over the place, but there was some quality there. It was a little frustrating to watch Baltimore and Pittsburgh grab tackles right after we got Hubbard and Jefferson. I would've swapped Jefferson for Brown or Okorafor there. Jefferson seems like the super athletic project that never works here.

If not there, we also passed on Tyrell Crosby in the 5th. A guy CBS called a "mauler" and "a tremendous value".

Mind you, I haven't ripped this draft. Love it for the most part. I just have to ding them for not going o-line again until the very end. I think there was some quality guys available to us.

I understand your frustration. I will add that Nelson, Whit and Zeitler should have been retained, so we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.

I do feel that the Team is in win now mode, and the first 5 picks address needs immediately and will play a big part this year.

This draft was really top heavy, with 5 prospects ranked 7 or above - compared to last year, when only 1 player was ranked above 7.

But there were no can't miss OTs. The two that were selected in top 15, had no business being picked that high. There was no Orlando Pace, Joe Thomas or Walter Jones this year.

Brown has weight and motivational issues and O'Neil suffers from Ogbuehi syndrome. 

I just don't think there was a RT who could start this year. FS was a real need. You can always put a TE on the right side to help the RT, but there is no cure for a below average FS.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES! - XsandOs - 04-29-2018, 09:23 PM