Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
(04-30-2018, 06:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read your question as "Did we settle", and I answered as no.  As far as BPA, that is a very subjective measure, but if you are going to try and evaluate that, you would need to project a certain % of this draft class that will become perennial Pro Bowlers.  Say, in round numbers, that ends up being 20 players, irrespective of position.  I would imagine that Price would have just as great a chance of being one of those 20 as any other players not named Barkley, Chubb, or Nelson.  I, in no way, see the players you mentioned (Wynn, Daniels, Williams, or Corbett) being a player with greater Pro Bowl potential. 

The position group may not be as sexy as WR, RB, QB, or DE, but relative to his peers and assuming the pectoral injury is behind him (it supposedly is) then I believe he was the BPA.

I do agree, however, that the Bengals will regret not taking Brown, but I somewhat understand the thought process of having Fisher, Hart, and Og compete for the one spot and give them one last chance under the new scheme.  As much as they have invested there, they almost have to give them one more shot.  It is my biggest concern heading in to the OTAs.  

Well I can believe that Logan Woodside was the best QB in the class but we have to deal with facts.  We won't know for a couple years and obviously our experts liked him,  but no one had him ranked as a first rounder and we have lots of needs.  We were 30th running the ball and near dead last stopping the run. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel we "settled" for Price? - yang - 04-30-2018, 12:05 PM