Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you feel we "settled" for Price?
(04-30-2018, 12:05 PM)yang Wrote: Well I can believe that Logan Woodside was the best QB in the class but we have to deal with facts.  We won't know for a couple years and obviously our experts liked him,  but no one had him ranked as a first rounder and we have lots of needs.  We were 30th running the ball and near dead last stopping the run. 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_1.php

Walter had Price going 26th to the Falcons in his final mock, saying this:

Quote:Billy Price has been medically cleared by doctors, so he could be back in first-round discussion. 

Back, as in he was always in the 1st round discussion prior to his injury. Once cleared, he was back in that discussion. 

Charlie Campbell also had Price going in the 1st to the Falcons, saying this:

Quote:Price (6-4, 305) impressed NFL evaluators, both with his work in fall training camp and in the games of the 2017 season. They say that Price plays within himself. They like his awareness and call him an above-average athlete. He isn't overly fast or twitchy like the Pouncey brothers, but Price has movement skills and is better than average in space. The sources also like that Price handles big nose tackles well, which can be difficult for centers and is a hard-to-find talent. As a result of his well-balanced play, Price is being viewed as a prospect who could go in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. One team source thought that if Josh Garnett and Laken Tomlinson were worthy of first-round picks, then Price could be as well because they feel Price is a better prospect than either Garnett or Tomlinson. Teams are projecting Price to be a starting center in the NFL, but he also has the flexibility to play guard. Price tore a pectoral muscle while bench pressing at the combine, but that shouldn't impact his NFL career once he works his way back onto the field.

Walterfootball is a respected site with connections to scouts around the NFL.

Either way, I'm not sure why people get so hung up on projections by mock guys. Walter also had Sam Hubbard going in the 1st round. Many mocks had Mason Rudolph going in the first. Many guys "slipped" out of the first round. Some "slipped" back up into the first. To believe a team "reached" or "got value" you have to trust guys like Mayock and Walter over actual NFL front offices. 

I don't. Players generally go where most teams value them. The next team that needed a Center would've taken Price in the first. Maybe even by trading up. I'm very confident in that.

Now let me ask you this: Who did you want at 21?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you feel we "settled" for Price? - Shake n Blake - 04-30-2018, 01:31 PM